The Nikon CoolShot 80i VR features Vibration Reduction Technology, which reduces vibrations of an image caused by hand movement while also aligning the irradiated laser, which greatly improves the ease of measurement to a small subject. Another feature of the CoolShot 80i VR is LOCKED ON Technology, which displays the distance to the closest subject while also displaying the LOCKED ON sign ( ). The CoolShot 80i VR also features Golf mode, which displays the slope adjusted distance for golfing on an uphill/downhill course. With a compact body design, the CoolShot 80i VR offers comfort when holding. It also offers waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft for 10 minutes), fogproof (but not designed for underwater usage) and a wide temperature tolerance (-10°C to +50°C/14°F to 122°F).
- Measurement range: 7.5-915m/8-1,000 yd, distance measurement display step: 0.5m/yd, displays the measurement result in approx. 0.5 seconds, single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds)
- VR (Vibration Reduction) function is employed for reducing (approx. 1/5 or less - based on Nikon's measurement standards) the vibration caused by hand movement
- Easy operation as the VR (Vibration Reduction) function is always activated when the Laser Rangefinder is ON
- First Target Priority mode is employed - when measuring overlapping subjects, the distance of the closest subject is displayed (useful when golfing for measuring the distance to a flagstick on a green with woods in the background)
- Golf mode displays the slope adjusted distance (Horizontal distance ± Height) which is a guide to how far you should hit the ball and useful when golfing on an uphill/downhill course (ID Technology)
- HYPER READ - quick and stable measurement response regardless of distance
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images; large ocular for easy viewing (18mm); wide field of view (7.5 degrees); long eye relief design offers eyeglass wearers easy viewing