The Nikon CoolShot 80 VR features Vibration Reduction Technology, which reduces vibrations of an image caused by hand movement while also aligning the irradiated laser, which greatly improves the ease of measurement to a small subject. Another feature of the CoolShot 80 VR is LOCKED ON Technology, which displays the distance to the closest subject while also displaying the LOCKED ON sign. The CoolShot 80 VR also features a compact body design that offers comfort when holding. It also offers waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft for 10 minutes), fogproof (but not designed for underwater usage) and a wide temperature tolerance (-10°C to +50°C/14°F to 122°F).
- Measurement range: 7.5-915m/8-1,000 yd, displays the measurement result in approx. 0.5 seconds, distance measurement display step: 0.5m/yd, single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds)
- VR (Vibration Reduction) function is employed for reducing (approx. 1/5 or less - based on Nikon's measurement standards) the vibration caused by hand movement
- Easy operation as the VR (Vibration Reduction) function is always activated when the Laser Rangefinder is ON
- First Target Priority mode is employed - when measuring overlapping subjects, the distance of the closest subject is displayed (useful when golfing for measuring the distance to a flagstick on a green with woods in the background).
- HYPER READ - quick and stable measurement response regardless of distance
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images; large ocular for easy viewing (18mm); wide field of view (7.5 degrees); long eye relief design offers eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Rainproof battery chamber